Family Homes Funds (FHF) is a social housing initiative of the Federal Government of Nigeria, aimed at providing affordable homes to low-income earners in the country. FHF offers several products to Nigerians who want to own homes, some of which are outlined below:
- Home Loans: FHF provides home loans to low-income earners who are unable to secure mortgages from commercial banks due to their low income. These loans are designed to help them purchase homes at an affordable cost.
- Rent-to-Own: FHF also offers a Rent-to-Own product, which allows low-income earners to rent homes for a specified period of time, after which they can own the property. This product is designed to enable them to own homes without having to make a large initial payment.
- Shared Ownership: FHF offers a Shared Ownership product, which allows low-income earners to purchase a percentage of a property, while FHF retains ownership of the remaining percentage. This enables low-income earners to own homes at a reduced cost.
- Social Housing: FHF provides social housing for low-income earners who are unable to afford homes on the open market. These homes are designed to meet basic standards of living and are available at a reduced cost.
- Affordable Housing: FHF provides affordable homes for low-income earners who are unable to afford homes on the open market. These homes are designed to be comfortable, safe, and affordable.
To access these products, interested individuals can apply through the FHF website https://fhfl.com.ng/ or visit any of the FHF offices across the country. The application process involves providing proof of income, identification, and other relevant documentation, as well as meeting certain eligibility criteria.