An indigenous real estate firm, Zoe New Dawn Nigeria Limited, has said it will be targeting a total of 10,000 housing units in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, to bridge the housing deficit in the capital.

While announcing its novel smart homes project tagged, ‘Hill City Community’ in Abuja, the firm said it would be achieving that feat through partnership with Casa Cubana Homes to deliver on its mandate which was to satisfy the growing need for affordable and luxurious living.

The chairman of Zoe New Dawn Nigeria Limited, Akpa Stephen Achema, said these while speaking with journalists after the groundbreaking ceremony.

According to him, the mass housing project would feature a variety of building designs and smart homes systems for everyone regardless of their financial capabilities.

Achema said it was necessary that stakeholders put all hands on deck to curb the rising housing deficit by addressing the needs of the less-privileged.

He said: “I have always prayed to God to help me find a lasting solution to the housing difficulties our dear hardworking civil servants and those the society has classified as low-income earners face.

“They stabilise the economy yet cannot build houses for themselves because of the cost. This is why we partnered another vibrant real estate firm, Casa Cubana, chaired by my brother Obi Cubana to come up with this project.

“We have always built for the high and mighty in places like Guzape, Jabi, Wuye, Asokoro, Katampe, and recently our new Dawn and Casa Cubana Golf Resort in Kukwaba.

“But, this project is different from others. This is our way of saying ‘thank you’ to our fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters for their dedication and passion to our nation. The project will be located in a fast developing and secure district in the FCT.”

He also said that the firm planned to reach other major cities and states such as Lagos, Enugu, Delta and Anambra.

Achema reiterated that the real estate company was established in 2017 in response to the growing need in Africa and Nigeria for affordable and luxurious housing.

“Part of our aim is to impact people’s lives and not profit-making. This agenda is not only in Abuja but across Nigeria and our portal is open for marketers and it attracts 5 per cent of each plot.

“We are public, approved by the government and certified by FCT minister and all the properties here are secured with building approval,” he said.

He also said that he was 29 years old and 90 per cent of the workers were below 29 years and the remaining 10 per cent below 35 years.

“We don’t employ people above 35 years because this is a camp of young people and it requires enough energy,” Achema maintained.