The African Union of Housing Finance (AUHF) has announced the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, Nigeria Mortgage Refinance Company (NMRC), Mr. Kehinde Ogundimu as the new Chairman, Board of Directors.
The appointment is part of changes made in the composition of the AUHF Board of Directors following the resignation of Mr Andrew Chimphonda (former Managing Director Shelter Afrique) who served as chairperson since 2020.
The Board also appointed Ms Mildred Mutesa (Executive Director of Zambia National Building Society ZNBS) as the Treasurer of the AUHF, a position Mr. Ogundimu held at the AUHF since 2020.
Others members of the new AUHF Board include
- Deputy Chairperson – Ms May Adbel Hamid (Chief Executive, Social Housing and Mortgage Finance Fund SHMFF, Egypt)
- Treasurer & Chair of the Lobbying and Advocacy Committee – Ms Mildred Mutesa (Executive Director, Zambia National Building Society ZNBS)
- Secretary and Chair of the AUHF Investment Committee – Mr Mfundo Mabaso (Growth Head, FNB Home Finance National Bank, South Africa)
- Chair of the Member services Committee – Mr David Akinin (Founder, Atenu Developments, Namibia)
- Board Member – Mr Christian Agossa (CEO, Caisse Regionale de Refinancement Hypothecaire, Togo)
- Board Member – Mr Oscar Mgaya (CEO, Tanzania Mortgage Refinance Company TMRC)
The AUHF is a member-based association of mortgage banks, building societies, prop-tech companies, housing corporations and other organisations involved in the mobilisation of funds for shelter and housing on the African continent. The AUHF was established in 1984.
Source : NMRC Press Release